JOIN OUR FAMILY
REPORTS TO: Production Manager and Field Production Manager
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Under general supervision, apply coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings and structures on remodeling projects.
- Education/Certification: Lead Paint Certification
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license
- Knowledge of equipment, materials, methods, practices, and tools used in painting trade
- Ability to properly apply paints
- Knowledge of and ability to mix paint to match colors
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to use a computerized maintenance management system for work order processing
- Two years experience in painting field
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Smooth and prepare surfaces for painting, including sanding and removing old paint.
- Fill nail holes, cracks, and joints with putty, plaster, or other filler.
- Tape, float, and texture walls and ceilings.
- Select premixed paints or mix required portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying substances
- to prepare paint to match specified colors.
- Paint surfaces, using brushes, spray gun, or paint rollers, and apply paint with cloth, brush, sponge, or fingers to create special effects.
- Stain, seal, and varnish wood surfaces.
- Erect scaffolding or set up ladder to perform tasks above ground level.
- Pick up and deliver painting supplies to projects.
- Maintain inventory of tools and assist with inventory control of materials and equipment.
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
- Work with Field Production Manager and Production Manager to complete projects.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment and ensure that equipment is in safe
- operating condition.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting,
- climbing, etc.
- Store, handle and dispose of paint, stain, varnish, and other chemicals according to established procedures.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to FPM or PM immediately.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Other duties could include working in other areas of the maintenance department to provide support during absences or shortage of staff in other trades or to perform duties associated with light construction projects.
- Requires flexibility and understanding that staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal area of expertise to meet the mission and goals of company.
Brush, roller, striping machine, taping and masking equipment, spray equipment, sand and water blaster, air compressor, dry wall tools and equipment, hand tools, ladder, scaffolding. Light truck or van.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Frequent walking, standing, climbing, heavy lifting and carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Ability to operate hand and power tools and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions.
- Work outside and inside; on slippery or uneven walking surfaces, ladders, and scaffolding; and around machinery with moving parts. Exposure to hot and cold temperatures, excessive noises, fumes, and toxic chemicals.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.