JOIN OUR FAMILY
REPORTS TO: Owners and outside consultants/advisors
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working closely with the owners and outside consultants/advisors, this hands-on in-house position assures that monthly and annual accounting records are up‑to‑date and accurate, manages and advises on budget matters, monitors the companies’ overall accounting processes and financial performance. Primary duties generally fall into the following categories: accounting and bookkeeping activities, accounts receivable, accounts payable, job costing, general ledger, payroll reporting, and administrative responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker and effective leader who can provide documentation to make the most profitable decisions. Conduct analysis to make forecasts and report to upper executives
- Accurately close the books within ten working days after the close of each year.
- Maintain accurate accounting and bookkeeping systems.
- Enter accounts receivable, accounts payable, job costing and general ledger. Prepare assigned monthly journal entries and analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts to supporting documents/journals.
- Maintain and manage the general ledger, including the reconciliation and documentation of general ledger accounts. Reconcile general ledger to supporting documents. Assure the general ledger properly reflects the financial status of the company.
- Be responsible for the proper management and maintenance of the company’s fixed asset and depreciation records. Report fixed asset acquisitions and disposals to CPA.
- Assist in the preparation of companywide operating and capital budgets. Provide periodic reports on operating and capital budget progress and assist in identifying or correcting any unusual variances.
- Maintain bank accounts, prepare credit card & bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Prepare custom reports as directed by sales, marketing and company’s accounting firm.
- Organize, maintain, and store accounting files.
- Coordinate financial statement, reporting, and tax return needs with the company’s accounting firm, including compiling the necessary data requested.
- On an annual basis, complete the personal property tax form, 1099 tax information reports, and sales/use tax returns.
- Special projects to provide financial determine price points
- Oversee in-house and outsourced payroll processes and reporting
- Prepare new employee benefit packets
- Prepares reports for workman’s comp audits and periodically update yearly estimates with insurance company as requested
- Assure that all bills are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review billings for reasonableness.
- Test billings for mathematical accuracy.
- Data entry of billing journal entries.
- Enter payables information into computer system.
- Print accounts payable report.
- Develop new process to streamline accounts payables
- Assure that vender insurance is current.
- Establish and enforce credit, collections, and lien policies to the mutual benefit of the company and its customers. Assure that all billings and collections are carried out in a timely and accurate manner.
- Meet with estimators to review sales reports.
- File invoices, proposals, and cash receipts/deposit tickets.
- Reconcile each account prior to issuing payment.
- Maintain names and addresses of customers in accounting computer system.
- Set up, maintain, and delete/complete jobs in the computer system.
- Calculate labor burden to be charged to jobs.
- Calculate indirect overhead to be charged to jobs.
- Manage the cost accounting system to ensure that it reliably records the appropriate information.
- Enter purchase order information in computer system and maintain files.
Support Strategic Planning Company Goals
- Communicate regularly with the appropriate individuals to assure good working relationships and the pursuit and achievement of company‑wide goals.
- Coordinate activities closely with the owners regarding policies, procedures, budgets, and financial goals.
- Strive for enhanced communication, effectiveness, and continuity.
- Maintain a positive, friendly atmosphere among company personnel so that a pleasant working environment exists. Work toward a smooth and efficient functioning of daily operations.
- Conduct analysis to make forecasts and report to upper executives
- Desire to develop and advance in leadership position in a growing organization
- Four-year degree in accounting/finance
- Construction industry experience preferred and would consider new graduate
- Demonstrated skills in accounting, construction accounting software (preferably SAGE Master Builder and Quickbooks), internal controls, and continuous improvement.
- Outstanding integrity, solid moral judgment, and the ability to make important decisions under pressure
- Well‑developed analytical and problem‑solving skills, as demonstrated by previous work experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Self‑starter, can work independently, excellent communication and organizational skills, flexible, ability to grasp concepts quickly, interested in continuing professional education, and adaptive.